Frequently Asked Questions
SYSTEM OPERATION, FEATURES AND COVERAGE
- How does the navigation system work?
- Can I play DVD movies or audio CDs with my navigation system?
- Can my navigation system provide coverage for Alaska or Hawaii?
- Can my navigation system provide coverage for Canada or Mexico?
- Why do I need to buy a new map update?
- When will the next update be available?
- How can I tell which map version is currently in my navigation system?
- What is the price of a new or replacement map update?
- When will my order ship?
- What are the shipping and handling charges?
- How can I return a map that I have purchased?
- My map does not contain a road that I know exists. How can I report this?
- If I have a problem with my navigation system, where should I have it repaired?
- I purchased an activation code, but I've lost the e-mail that contained it. Can my activation code be retrieved?
How does the navigation system work?
The Navigation System receives signals from Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and sophisticated vehicle sensors. A powerful computer then analyzes this data to pinpoint precisely the vehicle's location.
In addition, the navigation system's DVD contains an immense database of maps, plus millions of points of special interest (POI).
Can my navigation system provide coverage for Canada or Mexico?
Coverage for Mexico is provided by select systems. Coverage for Canada (including all major metropolitan cities and interconnecting roads) is provided on all Nissan models.
Why do I need to buy a new map update?
In your neighborhood and around the world, roads, streets and highways are constantly changing. Regular map updates include critical, fresh details about the road network. With a new map update you can know that you have the latest information available for your GPS navigation system, providing you with more-accurate routing and a more enjoyable navigation experience.
When will the next update be available?
Map updates are usually released in the fall of each year. For the latest news on release dates, please consult with your Nissan Dealership, or check back on this website.
How can I tell which map version is currently in my navigation system?
The map version for CD and DVD updates is located inside your navigation system unit. To obtain this number, carefully remove the CD/DVD, and note the version number (Ver: x.xx) near the bottom of the CD/DVD label. The map version for HDD updates is available from the navigation system unit menu. The version number is formatted as xx.xx map.
What is the price of a new or replacement map update?
The price of your new or replacement map update varies depending upon which product you need. Available map updates are currently priced at $149 and $179 (excluding shipping and taxes). Please check your map updates product page for specific pricing information.
How can I return a map that I have purchased?
For information on how to return a map, please review the Terms & Conditions of purchase.
My map does not contain a road that I know exists. How can I report this?
Please report errors online at www.here.com/mapcreator